Stonebridge Quarry Packington Estate

The Stonebridge Quarry located in the Packington Estate is another victim of HS2. Closed permanently. These are some pictures I took when I was last there a few years ago. I bet this looks very different now.


Stonebridge_Quarry_Packington_Estate

The address was the East Way, Off Coventry Road, Meriden CV7 7HL, United Kingdom. HS2 has caused so much upheaval that I hope it will be worth it in the end. At least to someone. Personally I don't think it will be worth it for a train service that is basically just faster than what is already in place. Seems like an absolute waste of money to me. Aren't we going through tough times financially right now in the UK.


HS2_Marston_Green_Fosseway


I mean, people are struggling to keep the lights on and put food on the table, and the "leaders" are spending a lot of money on things that are not really needed. Surely it would have been better and more cost effective to fix / revamp the existing train network in the UK, including trains, station refurbishments, infrastructure, more stations etc. But no, they chose to do HS2 instead and cause huge upheaval.


quarry_london_rock_group


I can think of about a thousand other ways where the money spent to build the new HS2 train network could be better spent. I think its very telling and gives us a glimpse of where the decision makers priorities lie. It certainly isn't with the people and their needs. See another place of business that was also forced to shut its doors in the same area.



Comments