Showcase Cinema Tyburn Birmingham

I was over this way a few weeks ago and thought I'd take a look at the Showcase cinema while I was there. I knew that it was now closed and derelict and wanted to get some pictures before it was made into something else or torn down. Well, I was too late. The Showcase Cinema @ the Tyburn is long gone. It's now been replaced with a new Jaguar Land Rover building. That building appears to be either an extra car park for workers cars, or a storage building for newly built Jaguars. I'm not sure which one it is.


Jaguar_LandRover_Tyburn_New


Showcase_Cinema_location_Tyburn


The old Showcase Cinema was situated further back from the main road in comparison to this new structure. But there is more to this Jaguar structure around the back of this front building. So it looks like Jaguar have bought the land and extended their Jaguar Land Rover car plant in Castle Vale. This is the back of the Castle Vale plant [Near Gate 4], which falls into Tyburn territory. Surprised that the cinema is totally gone and replaced. I've been and watched films in that cinema quite a few times over the years.



Comments