iPhone SE (2nd generation) Sample Pic

Here is a sample picture taken with the Apple iPhone SE (2nd generation). A Green Shield Bug on some fabric. This phone is known for its good image quality and excellent video footage. It's not my phone, but I borrowed it to take this image. I was not impressed with the quality to be honest. Maybe I expected too much, but I had to edit this image slightly by adjusting the brightness and contrast in some free editing software [GIMP].

It was quite washed out, even though the picture was taken on a fairly bright day in the daytime. I love these insects though! Green Shield bugs, or stink bugs as some people refer to them, are one of my favourites. Don't you dare hurt them. I can't stand people who kill bugs.
 

greenshield_bug_iphoneSE


Anyway, I tried to film this insect with a Sony Xperia Z3 compact, but because of the angle the phone just would not focus properly and the footage wasn't very good. AF [autofocus] couldn't hit the spot. I then thought yeah, I know what I'll do, I'll get the much newer, higher spec iPhone SE (2nd generation) and that will have no problem getting crisp clear footage of this little insect. Well I was wrong. It had the exact same issue as the old Sony Xperia Z3 compact. It just would not focus properly. Disappointing first impressions.




Comments